World Tea Expo 2017 - Tea Tasting Schedules April 10, 2017 09:54
Its almost time of the year again!
Want to try the latest spring harvest oolong from Taiwan? Remember to join our tasting event at 2017 World Tea Expo (booth #838).
See you there!
Quality Control: Tea Tasting October 13, 2014 11:56
A few days ago, we had a mini tea tasting on our winter harvest teas. This is one of our quality control steps to check the quality of our teas.
We just thought it would be a good idea to share some of the basic key points of our tea tasting.
We generally use the following parameters for our tea tasting:
- 3 grams of tea
- 150 ml of boiled water
- 5 minutes infusion time
Before we actually start, we need to observe the dry leaf for:
1. The leaf should be dry and you should be able to crush the dry leaf with your finger tips. Damped leaf may slightly effect the tea quality.
2. Leaf size/colour should be consistent/similar. This effects the consistency of tea taste.
3. The dry leaf should not have any odd/strange smells (i.e. burnt/musty).
After the first brew, we need to check the tea liquor for:
1. The tea liquor should be clear/transparent with glossy surface.
2. The taste should be smooth with a pleasant after taste.
3. The wet leaf (leaf after brewing) should be expended into a whole leaf.
We hope you enjoyed reading this short article. Please feel free to leave comments/feedbacks.